some general thoughts concerning the kde-edu world

Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi percy.camilo.ta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:36:30 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Alexander Semke <Alexander.Semke at web.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Personally, I never considered those features that important. To me, the
> > important thing is that the plots are easy to create and explore.
> Well, it depends on the use-case. When you're producing plots for the
> publication you need many of those features. Have a look at some examples
> here:
> http://www.originlab.com/www/products/graphgallery.aspx
> http://home.gna.org/veusz/examples/
> http://ctioga2.sourceforge.net/galleries.html

Yes that use case fits with those features.

> With LabPlot we're aiming at creating a sofware with such a feature set for
> KDE. My questions was whether analitza will also go into this direction. As
> Percy already assured, he'll have a look at LabPlot's code before he
> starts to
> implements everything from scratch :-)

I will implement those features into Analitza (I even talked about some
technical details). Indeed, I'll not reinvent the wheel, however I'll check
another projects too, for example, did you know about
http://mathgl.sourceforge.net/doc_en/Main.html ? before hearing about
LabPlot I thought to follow (or use) that project (but just to present the
final result of plots)

> Alexander

So we are fortunate, we have people interested in making good presentation
of plots, making good plots and making a good way (API) to create and
explore the plots ;)

Cheers,
Percy