some general thoughts concerning the kde-edu world

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Mon Mar 24 07:34:25 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 24. März 2014, 00:45:37 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> I'm unsure of what funny features you mean.
I meant all the properties that determine the appearance of the plot.
Ok, if you just want to plot a function, then the color of the curve and the
width of its line are maybe the only properties you want to change.

> The idea behind AnalitzaPlot
> has been so far to provide a library to easily turn functions into
> plottable entities.
What I meant are the following things: for curves you have e.g. different
symbols (type, color, border type and color); for axes you want to provide
their number and their position,  the number of ticks and their position, the
number of axis breaking etc., for plot legends you want to change the ordering
of the shown curve etc., for the plot area you want to change the background
color or to use a picture with proper scaling etc. etc. There is a lot of
stuff that determine the final appearance of the plot. Have a look at what
veusz or labplot can do here.

Alexander