some general thoughts concerning the kde-edu world

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Sun Mar 23 22:26:08 UTC 2014

Hi Percy,

>[...]
thank you for your answer. I'v got a better idea now about analitza.
I don't agree with you on the definition of CAS, but this is something that is
not worth yet to be discussed here in greater detail :-)

Concerning implicit functions: that looks like much work, you're right. I'm
not going to provide this functionality in the next release (couple of
releases). Let's see later whether we can profit from the work already done in
analitza.

The connection of analitza to the actual plotting frontend is not clear to me
yet. If I understand the code correctly, the painting is also done in
analitza. Analitza provides some plot-widget that can be embeded into another
aplication like khipu. Is this correct? So, all the non-trivial stuff is
implemented in analitza and khipu just provides a frontend for creation of
plots. Is this how khipu is currently implemented?

Do you also plan to provide all the funny editing features that you can do
with plots and curves like already available in veusz, labplot, qcustomplot?
Looks like we do a lot of similar work, but I don't know how to combine the
man power here...

Best regards
Alexander