libkdeedu icons

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jun 24 19:17:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:

> Aleix, All,
>
> In looking at what needs to be done to prepare libkdeedu for porting
> to kf5 and qt5 and what needs doing to split (or maybe just repurpose
> it as libkeduvocdocument + data ?) as per
> http://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/RouteToKF5 I took a look at the icons
> folder.
>
> The users of the icons there are mostly kmplot, but also analitza.  My
> question is where should these icons go? Can/should we move them into
> some general purpose icons repository (kde-artwork or something?) or
> should they move into analitza git repo (only if kmplot depends on
> analitza already I think). Or somewhere else entirely?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Hi,
kmplot doesn't use analitza and never will, what we are proposing is khipu,
a new project, as a replacement.

That said, I'd say the best could be to get a kde-math-icons repository or
similar? Is there another case of a repository with only icons? Maybe
oxygen? (even though the icons are not oxygen per se...)
Anybody has an opinion?

Aleix

PS: Adding kde-devel because I can see this happening on other modules as
well and I think we want a way do decide these things.