LabPlot+Cantor for GSOC 2014?

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Wed Feb 12 20:59:36 UTC 2014

Hi Shubham,

> If you are looking for student to mentor for GSoC- 2014 on LabPlot, I want
> to work on it with you.
GSoC start in summer and I don't know who and how decides which person is
allowed to work on which project. Maybe somebody else could enligthen me on
this topic.

> I have learnt Analitza library and I am familiar
> with Khipu code which I think is similar to LabPlot.
We don't use analitza for evaluation of mathematical expressions but GSL with
a bison generated parser. Currently you don't see anytihng in LabPlot that
uses this code but this is the way how it was done in the old code and this is
also how we want to proceed now (we use GSL anyway). I already started to port
this code to LabPlot2.
Also, I don't think khipu/kmplot is similar to labplot regarding
plotting/painting stuff - in labplot we use Qt's graphics view framework,
whereas in kmplot you paint on a QWidget (correct me if I'm wrong).

For some suggestions for possible contributions see my replay to your other
email, coming soon...

Regards
Alexander