Parley Bug Fix: #266368

Amarvir Singh amarvir.ammu.93 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:25:21 UTC 2014

Yes, I agree with you on the "tip of the day" point. I'm always impatient
myself and skip them anyway ;) The tooltip kind of feature for the boxes
would look cool and could be the solution to make it more user friendly.
I'll see if I can do something about it :)

Also, in the patch, should I also change the default colors?  Currently I
changed the colors from the settings and not in the code/or set them as
default in settings. This looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/yz8E3Uv.png

But it causes another issue, as these color were also used in the editor
mode tables. Earlier you could see different colors for different grades as
a default(eg 1,2,3 grade were red, higher were green and 0 was blue). Now
changing it to green as a default won't allow the user to know what grade
each word is in. Even if the user changes the color in settings, it still
was never a useful/easily understandable/intuitive method for figuring out
grades (they'd need to remember the grades). What I hence propose is:

1. I submit the patch with alpha value changes and with the same color set
as default (can be changed in setting if user wants).
2. Make another patch that creates another column "grade". This would be
clearer, and would also allow the user to manually change the grade. This
would fix many bugs and wishlists I have seen regarding this grading issue.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Amarvir