Status of Kalzium SoK?

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 16:06:11 UTC 2014

On Sunday 21 December 2014 08:38:56 anu mittal wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using kubuntu 14.10 plasma 5 for porting this
> application toh kf5 and was almost done with the updation of cmake
> files but before i could push any code into "frameworks",my os
> kubuntu gave some error and i tried resolving it but didn't have
> my luck.
> So i have decided to switch to plasma 4 and continue the porting
> task, i just need few days to resume my job since i am having my
> end term university examination,and then once i am done with all
> the re-installation i hopefully will be pushing the updated cmake
> files by 25th of this month and after my examination i can give
> maximum of my time to the porting task. And I will be providing
> regular update regarding the progress.

Thanks Anu for your answer. I updated
https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/RouteToKF5 to reflect the Kalzium
status from "not started" to "in progress". (Apparently the current
Kalzium maintainer also was not aware of your task, otherwise he would
have warned me on my initial code review request.)

If you are experiencing problems again, please ask for help. Solving
problems is part of your task, but getting help to be able to is
equally important.

Please ask on the avogadro developer list for the API status of their
Qt5 port. If avogadro2 has no stable library API yet, the Kalzium
molecule viewer port will have to wait.