OSX/CI: KF5 kanagram

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sun Dec 7 22:22:45 UTC 2014

Marko,

Thanks for testing Kanagram on mac, you got further than I get here, I
always crash on startup of kanagram and parley here. Anyway, to answer your
questions.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Marko Käning <mk-lists at email.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I start kanagram on my OSX/CI system I see a hint to hunspell on the
> console.
> So, hunspell is actually a (non-optional) dependency of kanagram, right?

No, hunspell isn't a non-optional dependency. Kanagram uses Sonnet, and
sonnet is probably printing that warning, but it doesn't affect kanagram
working at all.

> What about those libpng warnings?

No idea about those, I think I get them on linux also, so nothing to worry
about imo.

> The hicolor icon theme is missing!

I believe KIcon or QIcon::fromTheme is what looks for hicolor icons (which
is the fallback icon theme on linux).

> And, does the output
> ---
>         kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Oxygen)”
> ---
> mean, that the oxygen theme was loaded successfully?

> Then I realised that I didn’t see any word on the screen at the start,
> because
> there was no data in the app yet.
>
> So I tried to create a new work of my own, but as you can see below the app
> cannot write to the destination. Could it be that the SPACE in the file-URL
> isn’t escaped as it should have perhaps been in this case? (See below.)
>
> Greets,
> Marko
>

> ---
> $ ./run.sh kde/kdeedu kanagram
> Could not find drkonqi at
> /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kcrash/inst/lib/libexec/drkonqi
>  HunspellClient::HunspellClient
> No language dictionaries for the language: "en"
> org.kde.kanagram: Created game and engine helper
> org.kde.kanagram: Set all context properties
> org.kde.kanagram: Setup declarative engine
> libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
> libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
> libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
> libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
> libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
> libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
> org.kde.kanagram: Set qml file location
> Icon theme "hicolor" not found.
> kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Oxygen)”

All of these messages can be safely ignored,

> org.kde.kanagram: Saving file as   QUrl( "file:///Users/marko/Application
> Support/kvtml/en/test.kvtml" )
> "Cannot write to file file:///Users/marko/Application
> Support/kvtml/en/test.kvtml"

This however is most likely coming from libkeduvocdocument itself. It could
be that we need to special case some things to get it to work with spaces
in filenames, I'll try that here on linux also and see what it does on this
platform.

thanks,
Jeremy