Proposal: New server application

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Feb 6 17:14:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Baltasar Ortega <baltolkien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Myriam:
> Thanks for reply.
> Moodle isn't good for me. We have a Moodle in the School, but is very
> compicated for my teachers.
> Perhaps, I should study the possibility to adapt Moodle to our needs. Has
> Moodle a spreadsheet mode?

I don't know, but there are many plugins (https://moodle.org/plugins/)
so I wouldn't be astonished that there actually are spreadsheets. How
about checking that out with the Moodle admin on your school system
and give it a try? I don't think it is too complicated, we used that
in adult teaching (when I was still a teacher) with instructors of
various backgrounds and literally no IT skills, if the setup is done
correctly then it's quite easy to use. Also there is a huge Moodle
community where you can certainly find help for your system.

Of course if the server admin don't do their work correctly and the
teachers have to do the work themselves then it can become quite a
hassle, but that's what server admins are there for, aren't they?

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org