Proposal: New server application

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Feb 6 17:00:23 UTC 2013

Hi Balthasar,

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Baltasar Ortega <bortega at kde-espana.es> wrote:
> Hello:
> My name is Baltasar, member of KDE Spain and teacher.
>
> I'm a user of KDE and I wonder If KDE Edu can help me.
>
> It would be nice to have a server application to control the progress of our
> students. This app must have:
>
> Account for a admin
> Account for the teachers
> A module to insert students
> A module to insert subjects
> A module to create avaluations
> A table to insert the notes and comments for the students/subjects.
> A export module to spreadsheet or database.
>
> The aim is that several teachers can together and online.
> Well, I think it's enough.

There are already several systems like that out there, did you have a
look at https://moodle.org/? I am not sure reinventing the wheel is a
good idea, as it only splits valuable resources. Instead adapting KDE
Edu applications to work in a Moodle environment seems more logical to
me. BTW, Edubuntu usues quite a few of the KDE Edu applications as
well.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org