Step - missing tools

npinhao at clix.pt npinhao at clix.pt
Mon Apr 1 10:14:58 UTC 2013

Dear Chrisch

 thank you for pointing me the bug list of Step. Right now I'm familiarizing myself with the architecture of step (actually libstep). Then I have to plan
how to implement things. I can only dedicate small amounts of time to this, meaning that it will be a slow process, but I'm interested in this for my
own students.

Kind regards
Nuno

On Sáb Mar 30 21:00 , Christian Herzberg  sent:

>Am Sonntag, 10. März 2013, 15:50:07 schrieb Nuno Pinhão:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been exploring Step and I find it a nice tool to explore and teach
>> some physics concepts. However for a mechanics course it lacks some tools
>> that I believe, won't be very difficult to implement: a pulley and a cord.
>> This would allow to connect bodies in a flexible way (the cord) and to
>> change the direction of this connection (the pulley).
>> I wounder if anybody is implementing or considering this. Otherwise I can
>> try to find some free time do think how to program this.
>>
>> Regards
>> Nuno Pinhão
>
>Dear Nuno,
>

>Your ideas would be very useful. Hopefully the one considering to implement
>this (maybe you) take a look at other really useful ideas (I mean all the
>green wishlist items in bugs.kde.org):
>
>https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi\?
list_id=569432&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&
bug_status=NEEDSINFO&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=general&product=step