ktouch/next ready for merge

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 18:06:19 UTC 2012

> Not to mention, KDE 4.10 would be the carry of the previous version
> for Windows. People would come to report issues and so forth since
> that is the official Windows version then for KDE 4.10. If all the
> responsibilities are put towards the distributors, they can achieve
> the same in the end, but people will still come to report issues about
> KDE 4.10 KDE Edu, KTouch because that would be KTouch 4.10 for
> Windows.

Another thing to consider is that, at this point we do not know which
KTouch version will be better in the future for cross-platform. You
may disappear at some point for a valid reason, and someone picks up
the 4.9 version, and extend that, then that will be the official
version, I guess.

Making the 4.9.X-{windows,linux} branching may be a bit duplicated as
well and would be different than for the rest. Fwiw, khangman linux
and harmattan are also different, and do not share much. They could be
different branches, but it was simpler to distribute, and it did not
become a harm either. As for Harmattan, I was not even lucky to detect
the platform as it is possible for Windows with cmake.

Laszlo