KTouch interface strings

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Nov 25 15:57:33 UTC 2012

написане Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:41:30 +0200, Claus Christensen
<claus_chr at webspeed.dk>:

> Den 24-11-2012 17:44, Sebastian Gottfried skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry for the late answer, I had no access to the internet since
>> yesterday.
>>
>>> Also, message 121 (src/qml/ScoreScreen.qml:191) says simply "On:". It
>>> is
>>> not easy to translate prepositions without context - does this refer to
>>> a switch or...?
>> This refers to the lesson the tooltip of a stat data point is referring
>> to.
>> Yuris' translation as 'lesson' is semantically correct, if prefer
>> concise
>> labels so I opted for 'On:' as in 'Performance on lesson X'.
>>
>>> Similar problem with msg 134 (src/qml/ScoreScreen.qml:419): "Over"
>> In the score screen there are four controls in a row forming some kind
>> of
>> sentence, at least in English:
>>
>> Show [Progress] Over [This Lesson]
>>
>>   or
>>
>> Show [Progress] Over [All Lessons]
>>
>>   or
>>
>> Show [Errors]
>>
>> The parts in in square brackets are buttons and trigger popup menus to
>> switch
>> between the alternatives above.
>>
>> I could switch to i18nc to provide more context for the translation
>> teams, but
>> I guess I have to ask permission on the i18n mailing list at this time
>> of the
>> release cycle, right?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Sebastian
>>
> Thanks for clarifying.
>
> I don't know if it makes sense to add context at this point, but I think
> it would be worth while to do it before the next release.
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

Just for the reference, I do not think that adding a context can be ever
blocked by the translators during the soft freeze. For me, it can be
considered as some kind of "typo exception" and it should be enough to add
"CCMAIL: kde-i18n-doc at kde.org" to the commit message. [1]

Anyway, you will always have my +1 from Ukrainian translation team. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri

[1]
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.10_Release_Schedule#Thursday.2C_November_8.2C_2012:_KDE_SC_4.10_Soft_Message_Freeze