Cantor--whiteboard interface

Martin Küttler martin.kuettler at gmx.de
Mon May 14 20:39:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am the guy how is rewriting the interface. As Alexander wrote the
plan is to mostly reproduce the design of the current interface with a
more flexible structure underneath. Once this is done it would
probably be possible to implement a layout-free worksheet where every
entry can be placed freely, although it would of course require a
couple of new mechanisms to be implemented, as moving and resizing
entries is not possible right now.

I know Mathcad's interface a little (but I never used it myself), and
I am not sure how useful it really is. Whenever I saw it it looked a
bit cluttered to me. But that may be just me, or my very limited
experience with Mathcad. And I do kindof see that a maximized Cantor
window leaves half of the screen (or more) unused most of the time.
So this is an interesting idea, and maybe I will like it better once I
thought about it some more. I would like to hear whether you are
interested in writing some code for it.

Best regards,
Martin