educazionik+kde-edu

Marco Calignano marco.calignano at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 10:04:46 UTC 2012

On 05/01/2012 11:25 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On 04/27/2012 11:56 PM, Nicola De Filippo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i'm the creator and administrator of educazionik project  [1]. The
>> objective
>> of the project is develop educational software for the italian (but
>> not only)
>> primary school (for desktop and tablet). These software have facility
>> for
>> children with handicap of vision or movments.
>> Aleix Pol    told me about the idea of moving to kde-edu umbrella and
>> move the
>> code to git.kde.org.
>> What do you think?
>>                 BR
>>                      Nicola
>>
> Hi,
>
> I think your software is very interesting for KDE Edu.
>
> The big work you will have to do in order to move to KDE Edu
> playground git is to put everything in English. In KDE, we code in
> English en_US (all class names, variable names, ...) are in English
> and all strings are in English. The strings are then translated into
> more than 50 languages.
>
> A few questions:
> 1) Data files: I tried a few of your programs but could not really
> understand them because they are in Italian. I see that your data is
> stored in .txt files. Is it easy for a teacher to make his own data
> file? Could we reuse the.kvtml files we have in other KDE Edu programs?
> 2) How is your software accessible for children with visual or
> physical handicaps?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anne-Marie

Hi Anne-Marie

like you know I am Italian and I was already talking to Nicola about the
international part of his games. There are also other problems For
example there are games that are specific of the Italian Language so a
translation is not enough.
We are working to put the code in the playground and then to port the
games to an international level.
We are also thinking some of the games can be integrated in already
existing games (Pairs, Kanagram, Kwordquiz).
I think we will launch some discussions for the mailing list about
internationalization before we go
down to the technical aspect of QML, kvtml and accessibility.

Cheers
Marco