educazionik+kde-edu

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 1 09:25:07 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 11:56 PM, Nicola De Filippo wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm the creator and administrator of educazionik project  [1]. The objective
> of the project is develop educational software for the italian (but not only)
> primary school (for desktop and tablet). These software have facility for
> children with handicap of vision or movments.
> Aleix Pol    told me about the idea of moving to kde-edu umbrella and move the
> code to git.kde.org.
> What do you think?
>                 BR
>                      Nicola

Hi,

I think your software is very interesting for KDE Edu.

The big work you will have to do in order to move to KDE Edu playground
git is to put everything in English. In KDE, we code in English en_US
(all class names, variable names, ...) are in English and all strings
are in English. The strings are then translated into more than 50
languages.

A few questions:
1) Data files: I tried a few of your programs but could not really
understand them because they are in Italian. I see that your data is
stored in .txt files. Is it easy for a teacher to make his own data
file? Could we reuse the.kvtml files we have in other KDE Edu programs?
2) How is your software accessible for children with visual or physical
handicaps?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie