Pairs Beta test

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Mar 28 11:42:56 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 08:35 PM, Marco Calignano wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> maybe some of you don't know this, but we had the luxury of beta
> testers for Pairs.
>
> Since the 2nd of January the Kindergarten of my son agreed to beta
> test Pairs.
> I installed kubuntu on an old computer and they bought a 22 inches
> touch screen.
> Of course the kids are happy and the are really comfortable with the
> touch screen,
> but also the teachers are really happy because the kids can
> concentrate better.

Awesome!
> Of course they ask for improvement!
> Every suggestion/request they made is theme related: they need theme
> with more elements,
> for older children, they need letters and number.
>
> Now we will start building an editor (it was supposed to be already
> finished,
> but the developer that worked on it is not contacting us anymore, like
> Aleix said maybe he found a girlfriend :D ).
Is this code available? or some design mockup?
Wouldn't that be a GSoC (maybe it's too late for proposals though) or a
KDE Summer of Code? In that case it should be well explained and mentored.
In any case we'll increase our chances to find a developer if a proposal
is built up probably.

Anne-Marie