Regarding the project : Python Back-end for Cantor
Vijay Mahantesh SM
vijaym123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:19:26 UTC 2012
The project seemed to be particularly interesting to me in
many ways, first of all inclusion of Linear Algebra options. The
universal and heart tool for many scientific calculations !
I liked the GUI functionalities provided in the tool "Cantor"
1) Finding inverse of a matrix, Computing eigen vector and eigen values.
2) Plotting the graph .
I was wondering, if further inclusions with respect to GUI functionality
of Linear Algebra, which would be of great use to scientific community :
1) Solving the equation with help of Gaussian method.
2) Finding rank of the matrix.
3) Finding power of a matrix.
4) Solving the tensor with the help of a matrix notations.
Just want to know, if this time in GSOc.
1) You are just planing to provide the conversion of "Cantor" from its
present back-end in octave and Maxima to a full fledged back-end in
Python ? In-addition to it planning to provide few more functionalities ? :)
2) Which version of Python are you planing to implement ? :)
Vijay Mahantesh SM.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kde-edu