Google Summer of Code 2012 Ideas page

Filipe Saraiva filipe at kde.org
Sat Mar 10 22:21:27 UTC 2012

Hello,

If KDE gone a mentoring org in GSoC 2012, I will submit a project as
student to python backend in Cantor. I think that my experience with
Scilab team in last year, that resulted in Scilab backend to Cantor,
will help in this work.

Then, someone available to mentor this project? Because of my previous
experience, I think that mentor need not to know Cantor code in depth.

I will study to write a nice project to KDE. ;)

Thanks,

Em 3 de março de 2012 12:04, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> escreveu:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 15:58, Alexander Rieder
> <alexanderrieder at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 03 March 2012 15:34:50 Lydia Pintscher wrote:

>>> Please do not promise students anything. It is bad for several reasons:
>>> * We don't even know yet if KDE will be accepted as a mentoring org.
>>> * If we are going to be accepted we don't yet know how many slots KDE
>>> will get and how they will be distributed.
>>> * We want as many excellent students to apply as possible. Everyone
>>> has the same chances. We don't tell anyone no before Google announces
>>> the official selection of students. Before that nothing is final.
>>>

>> Hi,
>> sorry for the bad wording from my side.
>> I didn't really promise him that he would get to be a SoC student.
>> All I did promise, was that if KDE gets into GSoc and he applies, that I would
>> step up as a possible mentor.
>
> Ah alright. That's fine of course.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
> KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
> http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org

Filipe Saraiva
http://filipesaraiva.info/