Mailing list setting change proposal for "Reply to all"

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 13:40:30 UTC 2012

On Thursday, 2012-12-13, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to propose to change the default behavior of the "Reply to
> all" operation on this mailing list. It turned out an issue several times
> in the (near) past. It seems people tend to send an email without
> subscription from time to time.
>
> I assume it would not hurt either if "Reply to all" behaved the way your
> intended target is included regardless whether or not that person is
> subscribed.

That is how reply to all works, isn't it? It includes the mailinglist and the
sender of the mail you are replying to (and potentially anyone in CC).

Since development at qt-project.org came up as an example that behaves
differently, it does not as far as I can tell.

I also tried with a mailinglist that is a Google group and again reply to all
includes the list and the sender.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring