FeetWetCoding: Trying to make learning C++ a little more fun!

Robert Holder robert at feetwetcoding.com
Wed Aug 22 14:08:36 UTC 2012

Thanks Tomaz for taking a look at it, and for your comments!

Where you say "try to move your app to KDE-Edu", I'm afraid I don't
really understand what that entails.  Maybe I should explain how I got
to this list.  I met Alexandra Weisse at Qt Dev Days last year, and
described our project to her, and she suggested I might come here and
mention my project, since you guys are involved in educational
software.  However I didn't want to mention our project here while it
was in such bad shape--if you think it is confusing now, you should have
seen it before!  :-D

So, I'm a little embarrassed to have to admit that I don't really
understand KDE-Edu very well, in terms of how apps are structured here.
Also, we have only done straight Qt development, and have not used the
KDE libraries before.  Finally, one of our priority goals is to try to
make FeetWetCoding run on every platform: Linux, Mac OS X and Windows,
which the Qt SDK allows us to do. KDE would limit us to Linux only,
although ensuring that our project runs well on Linux is definitely a
priority for us.

We also get the sense that our project is confusing for people who are
trying to get into it, and we've tried to make the documentation as
complete as we can, but that sort of ends up being even more
overwhelming!  We're not really sure how to fix it... neither of us are
technical writers by trade!  :-(  We'd be happy to hear any specific
observations you might have about what was confusing for you if you have
time.  We've been so close to this code and documentation for so long
that we can't really see it objectively anymore!  :-)

Thanks again very much for taking the time to look at our humble little
project!

Best Regards,
Robert