FSF in education

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 15:36:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Marcelo Pires <marte032 at gmail.com> wrote:
> opinion about mathematics and software in the world. Here in Brazil, the
> government adopts free software in schools and universities, without the
> prospect of building its own technology. Use free software, only to be free,

The first part is fine, but localised free s/w development is important.
Mathematics teaching depends on local culture as well.

> I'm with a thesis project where I want to discuss mathematics and Free
> Software, as in fact be using free software in teaching basic math to higher
> mathematics.

This a kde list and a large number of free s/w do not have kde library deps.
kde integration may be a point of interest.
It will help if your question is more focussed. ...the list of free
s/w is too large.

Best

A. Mani

--