FSF in education

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:34:24 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 08 August 2012 10:13:20 Melissa Mendonça wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This might be the time for me to jump into the conversation. I'm here
> because Tomaz basically forced me to join (lol), I'm a professor at
> the Mathematics Department at the Federal University of Santa Catarina
> (Brazil), and I'm also very interested in these topics. However, I'm
> more interested in the higher education part and I see great potential
> for Cantor as a report/assignment generating tool. For example, I
> teach programming classes in the math department (using MATLAB/Octave)
> and my students could use Cantor to deliver code along with the
> results and comments.
>
> I'm very interested and could help in the technical side (development,
> although I'm not a very experienced C++/Qt programmer, more
> Fortran/Python/C/Matlab).
>
> Anyway, Marcelo feel free to contact me in Portuguese if you need anything.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Melissa

Hi,
this sounds like a great use-case for Cantor and an even better opportunity to
gain insight in its current shortcomings. I'd love to work with you on making
Cantor a better tool for teaching.
As I am a student and wrote Cantor to fit my personal needs, it would be greate
to gain insight to your needs from a teachers prespective.

best regards,
Alexander Rieder