Google Code-In Translation for pykig.py

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annma at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 10:41:22 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 05:27:08 AM David Narvaez wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma at kde.org> wrote:
> > Italian to English
> > yes it's an excellent task for GCI which requires only Italian and
> > English knowledge. It is exactly the scope of GCI!
> >
> > When you have an English version, it goes in the Kig repo. After that
> > you need to ask the i18n team how to extract the English strings fom
> > this script into a .pot file so that all translation teams within KDE
> > will translate it and it then will automaticaly use the user language.
>
> Great! So what's next for me to do? Should I format the proposal in
> any particula way? Get in touch with i18n/l10n? I'm also not familiar
> with the mentoring idea: I'm a fairly new KDE Developer so I don't
> know if I can apply as a mentor, and if we are going to get a student
> into this task chances are the student is going to be from Italy and I
> would have a serious time shift. What do you think?

Ideas for Google COdeIn are to be filled here:
http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011/Ideas
then they will be entered in Google website in less than 2 weeks and students
will then choose tasks.

I can add the task on the above website and mentor the student if you want.
Then I'll send you the file inEnglish. At this point we will contact the i18n
team to ask how to translate this in all KDE languages.

Let me know if you want me to take care of adding the task on the
community.kde.org website and mentoring it (I am from France so the same time
than Italy).

Anne-Marie