Google Code-In Translation for pykig.py

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Oct 20 02:07:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

In times of calls for Google Code-In tasks, I was wondering if it
would be possible to get some students to translate the whole
pykig.py[0] file from Italian to English (documentation, labels, ...).
I think it's ideal in the sense that it's a non-trivial task that will
produce a lot of value but is also very straightforward. Ideally,
translation would be done in such a way that we can still have an
Italian version if the desktop is configured to be in Italian.
Furthermore, as I'm a spanish speaker, I can volunteer myself to
contribute a spanish translation of the file too once the English
version is ready.

It's a very raw idea at this point, but if you think this is a good
task for GCI, I can take a closer look at it and structure it in the
right way. Sounds good?

[0] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/kig/repository/revisions/master/changes/pykig/pykig.py