Fwd: KTurtle translation ---where to begin?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annma at kde.org
Wed Nov 16 11:02:14 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:01:46 AM Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2011, 08:31:58 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > I got this message from a Danish user wanting to use KTurtle in Danish.
> > In KDE 4, the commands are translated in the kturtle.po file so if the
> > user has installed the Danish language, KTurtle should allow to choose
> > Danish as script language (kturtle.po is 100% translated in Danish).
> > But it does not (as far as I tested on my devel environment).
>
> linux, branch 4.7 compiled from sources, running in locale de
> build da language from sources, systemsettings->language->move da to
> Preferred Languages
> start kturtle in locale de, Settings->Script Languge->Danish (da)
> File->Examples -> Danish examples available, select "blomst", Run, works
I did not move Danish as Prefered Language. Very unintuitive if you want my
opinion, what is the Available Languages for?
Is it the same when you install a distro package? Do you also have to enable
it in Prefered Languages?
> Same procedure with master compiled from sources, running in locale x-test
> Works as well.
>
> Windows XP in a VM with 4.7.0 packages:
> Installed Languages da + de
> Settings->Script Languge->Danish (da), but still get the german examples and
> can't run aly danish command :-(
> -> windows problem

Thanks a lot Burkhard for your explanation, I forwarded this to the user.

Anne-Marie