New Game (maybe?)

Bèrto ëd Sèra berto.d.sera at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:15:22 UTC 2011

Hi Marco,

well, probably it does mean that. However, if you want KDE to be adopted in
children schools it could be a good move to provide some sort of
"platform". I have a machine hi-jacked by my little girl who plays
Ktuberling all day long, so I do see some potential in it, but I suppose we
should give teachers way to introduce new objects in the playground and
extend it in non-geek ways. I mean, as a strategy. There seems to be
basically nobody doing it, ATM.

On a technical note, I'd say nepomuk already has all we need (with one big
minus in that data are local to a single user). If there was some sort of
"public ontology" in it, we could use it to let teachers assemble
playground objects by defining their properties, then each game could
retrieve them from a shared repository.

Just a wild dream, based upon what I see in this family. I will find some
time to help with the coding, if the project does start, though.

Best regards
Bèrto