[kde-edu]: Re: R: Re: Kartesio

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 16:26:42 CEST 2011

I took a look at the code, and I think it could be better designed, ie, all
code is on mainwindow.cpp, but inside the mainwindow you have a parser, a
plotter, you are also using non-english names for variables (texto, for
instance).

the names of the member variables are wrong, if you follow the kde-coding
guidelines.
for instance, you have

 xmin = 0;
    xmax = 50;
    ymin = 0;
    ymax = 50;

if you follow the kde-coding guidelines, they should be

    m_xmin = 0;
    m_xmax = 50;
    m_ymin = 0;
    m_ymax = 50;

the m_ on front indicates that they are member-variables instead of method
variables.
also, you are doing a *lot* of string operations on your code, you should
consider using QByteArray for that instead of QString list as QByteArray is
much faster on those.

so,
1 - fix ObjectOriented Programming in your app. doing everything inside the
main class is bad.
2 - fix your code-standards to meet kde's (
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style )

as for a new program for that, I don't know if it's good. for instance, it
looks like it could be done on KmPlot instead of a new app just for that.

Tomaz
you should also not use on_variable_signal() auto-connections, for a simple
change in the ui can break your program.