Need help on Using New Keyboard Layout in Ktouch

Balakrishnan.V balakpm101 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:18:49 CEST 2011

Hi to all,

Recently, I installed Ktouch in my ubuntu 10.04. I saw that there is no
keyboard layout for our locale Tamil. Hence i decided to add, with some
guide-lines i edited "English" keyboard layout. I saved that file in the
name of tamiltest.keyboard.xml at /usr/share/kde4/apps/ktouch/.

After restarting the Ktouch i got that layout in Keyboard Layouts. But when
i type means that tamil characters is not typing. I also checked it by
replacing characters in english itself

For example: In the place of key a: i placed 'z'(90), and in the place of
key b: i placed 'x'(88). It also not working

Kindly get me out from this.

--
With Regards,
V. Balakrishnan.

Wanna know about Kanchi Linux User Group!!!

http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

You can surf in these too...

http://gnubala.wordpress.com/
http://1day1cmd.wordpress.com/