[kde-edu]: Re: About Kiten

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Jan 20 15:25:36 CET 2011

On jeudi 20 janvier 2011 08:29:04 Daniel E. Moctezuma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm sending this email because according to [1] it says you need help with
> Kiten. I'm a heavy user of that application because I study Japanese, in
> [1] it says that is unmaintained and that it might be scheduled to
> disappear... something not good to hear about; I'm interested in helping
> with it, if you can provide some more information about what does Kiten
> need, etc.
>
> [1] https://promo.notes-dev.kde.org/30?
Hi,

I am not sure what is to be done with it as I don't use it. It is not
maintained means that it does not benefit from new KDE technology and that bugs
are not fixed and that no new features are added. Being in such a state cannot
last for too long as nobody from our team actually checks its state. As I
said, I don't know anything about Japanese and I don't even have the proper
fonts for Kiten. It could be broken and nobody would even notice. So it needs
someone that at least builds it before the releases and check the bug reports.
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=kiten
You're warmly welcome to step in to look after it!

I hope this answers your question, best regards,

Anne-Marie