[kde-edu]: Re: Preparation for the move to git

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Thu Feb 3 22:56:13 CET 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

> Hi KDE-Edu devels,
>
> Now that kdelibs and kdebase have been moved to git, the rest of KDE will soon
> follow. Ian "eean" kindly offered to write the rules for kdeedu, thanks to him!
>
> Before the move we need to ensure that all subprojects build standalone
> (without breaking the overall kdeedu build as well).
> KBruch maintainer Sebastian did that earlier today
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeedu/kbruch/CMakeLists.txt?r1=1009581&r2=1218675
>
> While it's easy for small projects, it is probably a bit more work for Marble
> which is more complex. Can the Marble team look into it quite quickly? Any
> problems can be discussed here and if necessary we'll ask for help. Same for
> KStars.
> We also need to take care of the libs as we discussed and noted on
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Edu#Git_Migration

Without cmake and library development skills it's definitely the handling of the keduvocdocument lib that is giving me problems. Either we keep all applications using it together or I/we need help making a proper library out of it.

Anne-Marie, how do you plan to handle KHangMan since it is one of the programs using it?

Thanks,
Peter