[kde-edu]: Preparation for the move to git

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 20:51:39 CET 2011

Hi KDE-Edu devels,

Now that kdelibs and kdebase have been moved to git, the rest of KDE will soon
follow. Ian "eean" kindly offered to write the rules for kdeedu, thanks to him!

Before the move we need to ensure that all subprojects build standalone
(without breaking the overall kdeedu build as well).
KBruch maintainer Sebastian did that earlier today
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeedu/kbruch/CMakeLists.txt?r1=1009581&r2=1218675

While it's easy for small projects, it is probably a bit more work for Marble
which is more complex. Can the Marble team look into it quite quickly? Any
problems can be discussed here and if necessary we'll ask for help. Same for
KStars.
We also need to take care of the libs as we discussed and noted on
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Edu#Git_Migration

If we're having second thoughts about anything, let's discuss it again! We can
gain from what has been done already in other KDE apps.

Thanks a lot, best regards,

Anne-Marie