Want to Contribute to KDE-Edu Community.

Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi percy.camilo.ta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:41:00 UTC 2011

Hi Ankit,

Is nice to see new blood comming into our Edu module

>There was also some talk, I recall,
>of merging the features of kmplot
>into kalgebra, and dropping kmplot.
>They do have a lot of overlap,
>and kalgebra has some advantages
>over kmplot (3D plotting), while
>kmplot is more flexible than kalgebra
>for 2D plotting.  So if you like
tood, is true, mainly Aleix and I identified that problem, unfortunally
this year I hadn't enough time to help on concretize it.

>kmplot, improving plotting in kalgebra to
> have comparable features to
>kmplot might be a better approach.
Indeed, I'm happy to see that the KAlgebra's math parser (Analitza) is
already on his own module, so we can think on a similar/better approach to
solve the issue.

Ankit, yes indeed, KAlgebra has a lot of potencial; actually, I have a
couples of ideas may interest you.

- Implicit curves with polar coordinates
f(theta, radius)=k => is any element of a level set
   Very interesting from the algorithms side;
   also, you definitly will touch some parts of KAlgebra and will use the
parser.

- Draw -correctly- the slope of these (already implemented) curves: polar,
and parametric. There is a method right now but is not so robust ...

Ankit, whether or not you end up with KAlgebra, have a fun with KDE-Edu, is
the right/perfect place to learn about KDE: about the community and
tecnology :)

Best regards,
Percy (aucahuasi)