Kpairs Theme Schema

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed Aug 31 21:23:53 UTC 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 2:17 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Dimecres, 31 d'agost de 2011, Peter Hedlund vàreu escriure:

>>> I don't know kvtml maybe give me some indication or a link so i check it
>>> out, please.
>> It's the file format used by most kdeedu apps that handle some kind of
>> vocabulary data, parley, kwordquiz, khangman, kanagram, and possibly more.
>>
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/libkdeedu/repository/revisions/
>> master/show/keduvocdocument
>
> I'm somehow worried about this one ring to rule them out, what's the point in
> using the same file format in Pairs than in Kanagram? What is Kanagram going
> to do with files meant for Pairs? Even if they are "technically" the same
> format, they are probably "practically" incompatible so in my opinion it does
> not really make much sense, but i am not implementing Pairs nor any of the
> other programs so take my opinion with a grain of salt ;-)
>
> Albert

Well, they would have a parser ready to use and can focus on other things like a slick interface.

Also, in KWordQuiz you can currently do flashcards, multiple choice and Q&A. Somewhat similar in Parley. There is a wish list item to integrate a Hangman mode in KWQ and I have long thought that a memory/pairs mode would be of interest. All (potentially) possible because of a shared file format.

So, no I would not say "practically" incompatible. But then again, I am also not going to write this new program.

Thanks,
Peter