[Kig] Coordinate Precision

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 29 09:01:05 UTC 2011

A Diumenge, 28 d'agost de 2011, David Narvaez vàreu escriure:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Maurizio Paolini
>
> <paolini at dmf.unicatt.it> wrote:
> > Sounds good to me.  At first impression this should have no impact on
> > the kig saved files, so I don't see any compatibility problem with
> > saved files.
>
> Oh, TBH, I hadn't think of file saving/loading before, but that's
> definitely something to look at. I'll include that information in the
> review when it's ready, maybe adding some test cases if I see it gets
> any complex - but as you mention, initially I don't see how it could
> affect old files.

It is also important to see if the old versions of kig refuse to load the new
file format giving a warning. If they do not it would be a good idea to start
adding a check to make sure that if in the future the file format is changed
old versions will not try to load and silently "succeed" even if they failed
in the parsing.

Albert