Research on the Memory game

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sat Aug 27 08:15:10 UTC 2011

Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [110827 09:34]:
> Following Marco's mail about the Memory game, I wrote a small doc to assess
> what we currently have and hopefully to trigger a discussion and the best
> design possible as a conclusion for such a game.
>
> In this doc, I define what a Memory game is. I present the MemoryGame and
> KMemory with screenshots, I extract positive and negative points (subjective
> as that only reflects my view).
> Then I list a few points for an implementation and that's what should be
> discussed and defined here.
>
> The doc is in .odt (I can put it on my scratch pad), the pdf is attached.
> Should the conclusions we agree on be on a wiki? Community or techbase?

Several years ago, I was contributing to a German OpenSource project, who
also built an online memory game for kids. The project got sued by
Ravensburger, a publisher of board games, because of trademark violation.
Therefore, I highly recommend that you don't name such a game something
including "Memory", because at least in the German market this is a
trademark. The trademark is also mentioned in the German wikipedia article
of Memory Game.

Alternative names might be pairs or c(k)oncentration.

Regards,

Sebastian
--
Blog:    http://sebstein.hpfsc.de/