[kde-edu]: Re: Kig exporters: support linewidth in asymptote exporter

Raoul raoulb at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 22 03:30:06 CEST 2011

Hi Maurizio,

As announced recently I tried to get a more complete support of
styles for the Asymptote exporter. The patch attached does this
and can process color, linewidth and linestyle information. See
also the demos. However, we may need some fine tuning to get nicer
images, but the basic features are implemented now. (For example
the linewidths are somewhat too thick in asy. And the ratio of
gaps and lineparts of dashed lines is wrong and gives bad results
for circles in combination with thick lines. But all these things
are not really severe and one can always improve the asy file manually.)

Further I enabled the export of cubics and used the generic curve
sampling function for that. In principle it works but we get
strange artefacts at the points where there is a vertical tangent
for some branch of the curve. (I hope that I can fix that with a
new curve sampling algorithm, but this will take some time.)

There are a few other small fixes in the patch, for example I
adjusted the export preset values for grid etc to the ones used
in the latex exporter dialog. And I fixed the axes for asy
output.

I read that there is the soft feature freeze on the 28th of April.
So hopefully we can get this into the repository until then?
Let me know if you have any questions or anything like that.

I would really like to see these things in KDE 4.7 :-)

-- Raoul