[kde-edu]: Re: KDE Edu file hosting

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Apr 12 08:25:00 CEST 2011

On Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:09:41 PM Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been made aware that KDE Edu needs the ability to have
> relatively large files hosted on a KDE server (other than through
> committing them to SVN). Is this still needed? KDE now has a system
> available which can handle these needs (files.kde.org) which I can
> arrange for the files to become hosted on.
>
> I can also arrange for redirects from the previous hosting locations
> on edu.kde.org to be setup if needed.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin

Hi Ben,

Indeed currently on our website space we have Kanagram files, KHangMan files,
Kig macros,  KLettres big tarballs (90 Mb), KStars files, Marble maps + some
binaries (49 Mb).
Not sure if they are all part of GHNS or not. They all should be moved
elsewhere indeed.

Will files.kde.org be suitable to use with Synchroton? who will be able to
upload files? how?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie