[kde-edu]: Review Request: Kig: use antialiasing for QPainter

Raoul raoulb at bluewin.ch
Sun Sep 26 02:22:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

> In my opinion kig would benefit from the improved quality of the
> drawing, for example in a comparison with 'geogebra'.
>
> Perhaps one thing that is presently lacking is a configuration panel
> in which the user could control some quality features.  Another one
> could be the precision in curve drawings; in one recent post the
> issue of the presentation of iperbolae was raised which is a related
> subject.

This issue was about something I'd call "mathematical accuracy"
rather than "quality". (Even if I called it quality last time.)
It's very different from the quality of representing/drawing the
content. The reason is that some curves are just wrong when exported.
We should be carefull to not mix these concepts ...

About the rendering quality, I'd say that an antialiased display
in the scene is not that important. (But sure is nice to have, may be
on an optional base.) Much more important is correct and flexible
export into formats that can be used for publication ready drawings.

This is just my opinion based on some real world
problems I encountered.

-- Raoul