[kde-edu]: New export filters for Kig

Raoul raoulb at bluewin.ch
Wed Sep 8 12:59:43 CEST 2010

Hi all,

> > Kig is a great tool for me but I miss some export options.
> > Thus I'd like to contribute code for exporting figures to
> > Asymptote [1] and PGF/Tikz [2]. Both are important because
> > we can embed code into latex and use the tex files with the
> > pdflatex compiler.
> >
> > Recently I started to work on the export filter for Asymptote.
> > (I'm more familiar with asy than with PGF, for some geometry
> > related things I did with asy, see [3].)
> Hello. This is great news, also because I happen to have written an
> exporter for PGF/Tikz. :)

Great! :-)

Is the patch currently working on svn head? Could you please sent it to me?
(Just for testing porposes.) Or better, could you commit it?

> I needed it for school notes, but I didn't get around to committing
> it. I think there are still some things it can't export.

Yes, I have this problem too. Epscially the generic curves are wrong.
But this problem arises too in the latex-pspicture code.
Maybe I'll have a look at these problems later.

> > My current patch enables Kig to export most of the "simple"
> > figure, see the samples attached.
> >
> > BTW: I was not sure where this mail should go, thus I hope
> > this is the right place. (But I'm not reading this mailing
> > list yet, so please answer directly to me.)
> As far as I know, http://reviewboard.kde.org is the best place for
> patches.

Ok, thanks. I'm not familiar with the structure of the KDE project.
I think I'll have a patch ready in, say a week ot two.
(Little time to work on this right now.)

-- Raoul