[kde-edu]: Re: Educational games for kids

simion ploscariu simion314 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:59:21 CET 2010

Hi Bruno. I do not want to compare GTK and Qt because I do not know
GTK, so I canțt merge my games in gcompris(or can you import Qt
games???) About thinking on the future in my perspective Qt seams a
better option nit all comes to I use Qt so this is the frameowk I will
use it. IF the games wont get into KDE I will still make them for my
son and place them also on sourceforge and qt-apps.org
About the game i want to make with the database, I will not make the
game with the colors I know it is in gcompris and we use it, i want to
add new stuff like I said .I know that getting new recordings is hard
so I want to try using Text to speach instead. And the stuff with the
first letter should work.  The hard part is the database creation and
the rules, if i can succed to make it well to be able to use them from
a web page with a few line of codes and some SELECT query then adding
the game to gcompris should be easy too.  I want to d it in QML for
start then post it here and see what others think about it.
I will do all possible to make the stuff easy to reuse, but I will
start coding soon because i need them

Please understend I love KDE and I like Qt so I will try to use my
favorite tools. I respect GCompris project and all contributors, good
job we use it and we use it in the future.
P.S. I observed that tuxpaint is an external application, to use other
application like tuxpaint do you have any requierments like interfaces
to implement? Tuxpaint is also great, a lot of fun for my son to use.