[kde-edu]: New Website Status

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annmam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:29:58 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 19:50:17 Matthias Meßmer wrote:
> Hurray!
>
> The new features that are needed for the coming edu.kde.org website are
> committed to the main framework now. Many thanks to Ingo ans Sayak and
> others from the www team for their friendly help!
>
> From the technical point of view it is time to commit the new
> edu.kde.org site. But we still lack content on some major pages:
>
> http://edu.angelaschule-osnabrueck.de/about_us/
>
> http://edu.angelaschule-osnabrueck.de/about_us/users_stories.php
>
> http://edu.angelaschule-osnabrueck.de/contact_us/press.php
>
> http://edu.angelaschule-osnabrueck.de/contact_us/graphics.php
>
> Especially the last page: What is the status of permission/copyright to
> use the new logo? It was only a draft - a good one imho - but what's
> about a final one? Who was the artist?
>
> I continued moving content to userbase; have a look at the subpages of
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Applications/Education
>
> During this work i found a lot of contributions: sounds, kvtml(2) files,
> Kig macros. There is no time to write an overview for all these files in
> a wiki containing dozens of links to edu.kde.org. I suggest to leave an
> contribution page, perhaps behind a menu entry called "Get Involved"?
> Under "About Us" or "Support"?
Maybe "Get Involved" can explain how people can share files and Support can
have a "Shared Data" entry

The question of where to store data is still open as kde-files.org has a limit
upload if I remember correctly. Having data in the website repository is
really not the best but so far I don't see any other alternative...

Sorry I was not around due to end of school year for the children and exams...

Best regards and big thanks for all the work!

Anne-Marie