[kde-edu]: Mathematics for primary school

Sabine Cretella s.cretella at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:42:35 CEST 2010

Hi, I am working on the preparation of the "summer book" in mainly
Parley-format for my twins and there is plenty of mathematics I cannot
create exercises for.

How/ where could the following be done?

1) representing numbers on the abacus
2) oder the following numbers according to their value
3) additions/substractions/multiplications/divisions with bigger numbers
4)
stuff like

1233 x
     2=
--------
2466   (also the 1233 x 267 multiplications...)

0,83 x 3 = 2,49  (also represented like above)

5) divisions in columns like above with and without rest

6) fill in the blanks

_ 2 4 -
1 1 1 =
----------
1 _ 2

7) resolving step by step: (127x2)+18 =
(529+199)-27=
(210-105):5=
etc.

8) colour 1/3 of the snails
colour the parts of the fraction

Ok, this seems all so far - the rest can be created with Parley ... geometry
is completely missing in that book ... strange ... well, I will come to that
bit probably later.

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers, Sabine