[kde-edu]: R: Re: plasma edu

Kurt Gramlich kurt at skolelinux.de
Wed Jul 21 19:23:53 CEST 2010

* Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> [100721 19:03]:

> On July 21, 2010, Mario Fux wrote:
> > Am Sonntag 18 Juli 2010, 16:13:59 schrieb LucaTringali:
> > > Hello everybody,
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > It would be also useful to have a plasmoid that shows the school
> > > timetable, and a plasmoid that works
> > > like the teacher logbook.
> >
> > Two good and if I see it correctly simple ideas.
>
> agreed. they would make fine additions.
>
> automatically populating the school timetable with data, if at all possible,
> might be something teachers or IT people involved with schools could also help
> us out with.
>
> > > It would be useful a tool like Gnome Thin Client
> > > Manager too, so if a school
> > > decides to use LTSP the teacher can easily manage the student's computer
> >
> > What about iTalc (it's qt based) but I don't know if it's still maintained?
> > http://italc.berlios.de or something like that.
>
> http://italc.sourceforge.net
>
> and yes, it doesn't seem to be actively worked on. perhaps bcause it's "good
> enough" as is, or perhaps because the fellow working on it just moved on.
> might be a nice idea to reach out to him and see what's up.

italc has only one developer, and he is not very motivated to work on
italc.
We invited him to a roadmap-meeting with the German team,
because we (skolelinux-rlp) are using italc too.

There is also another tool, used in Spain called:

controlaula

perhaps you like to have a look at?

> the gnome thin client manager is also unmaintained, apparently.

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
kurt at skolelinux.de
GnuPG Key ID 0xE263FCD4