[kde-edu]: R: Re: plasma edu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 21 19:02:06 CEST 2010

On July 21, 2010, Mario Fux wrote:
> Am Sonntag 18 Juli 2010, 16:13:59 schrieb LucaTringali:
> > Hello everybody,
>
> [snip]
>
> > It would be also useful to have a plasmoid that shows the school
> > timetable, and a plasmoid that works
> > like the teacher logbook.
>
> Two good and if I see it correctly simple ideas.

agreed. they would make fine additions.

automatically populating the school timetable with data, if at all possible,
might be something teachers or IT people involved with schools could also help
us out with.

> > It would be useful a tool like Gnome Thin Client
> > Manager too, so if a school
> > decides to use LTSP the teacher can easily manage the student's computer
>
> What about iTalc (it's qt based) but I don't know if it's still maintained?
> http://italc.berlios.de or something like that.

http://italc.sourceforge.net

and yes, it doesn't seem to be actively worked on. perhaps bcause it's "good
enough" as is, or perhaps because the fellow working on it just moved on.
might be a nice idea to reach out to him and see what's up.

the gnome thin client manager is also unmaintained, apparently.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se