[kde-edu]: This KDE Science thing

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 00:57:18 CEST 2010

Hi

I was at Akademy, attended Stuart's talk, but couldn't make it to the
BoF. In any case, I was wondering if a KDE science could be a good
place for apps that are not education per se, but more research
oriented stuff, to go into.

Let me pick an example app -- say I write a KDE front-end to an
astronomical image processing program -- I don't think there's a place
to put that as yet in KDE. I am inclined to believe that Cantor (but
not Step) would possibly be better in such a place. Apart from that,
there's a lot of scope for a lot more KDE applications to come up into
KDE science -- I can think of a few potential apps in Physics (but of
course, we do need coders!). Maybe creating a module called KDE
science will spur up some action.

Regards
Akarsh