[kde-edu]: New flavour of edu.kde.org online

Matthias Meßmer matthias at familie-messmer.de
Fri Jul 2 17:08:48 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 02.07.2010 12:52, schrieb Torsten Rahn:

> Ok, this completely broke the Marble webpage. :-(
>
> On one hand it's a bit unfortunate that this breakage happens right in time for
> Akademy. On the other hand its fortunate since it gives us some time during
> Akademy to discuss how we want to proceed with the Marble Webpage.

yes, Marble is one of a few applications which have had an extensive
section in the old ed.kde.org site. I am sure we will find a solution.

> The new page is pretty much focused around KDE-EDU -- which is a good thing for
> people who are thinking of Marble as an educational tool.
> But on the other hand this is an obstacle and not suited for people who are just
> interested in Marble itself (and don't care about the rest of KDE-EDU).
> Or people who want to use Marble as an application or as a library in a totally
> different context (navigation, science, etc.).
>
> So we need to make up our minds how we want to manage and solve this issue. Of
> course this is also related to the modularization of Marble.

This is an issue of all application which are part of an "suite". There
are some more applications which are not only educational. Last state of
the web site discussion was that all applications shall provide more
detailed information on userbase. Here all application pages reside at
root level. I began a Marble page at

http://userbase.kde.org/Marble

Please think of presenting Marble here as you did on edu.kde.org/marble.
But we are open for other suggestions, of course.

Have a good time at aKadamy!

Matthias