[kde-edu]: survey results - KWordQuiz

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed Jan 6 20:14:28 CET 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 07:59:44 am Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> There is something for everyone ;-)

Thank you!

Looking at the responses for KWordQuiz I have the following comments:

> It has problems with asking questions and taking an answer from me. For
> example answer in the table is "das Spielzeug", I answer "das Spielzeug"
> but it says the correct answer is "das Spielzeu" etc.

> I should debug the
> program or something, but... I have no time and don't know how to track
> this error.

I cannot reproduce this. Could the reporter get back to me or (better) file a
bug report with the offending vocabulary attached.

> Lack of session saver. This is big pain when you have large
> words database (>500) and it's rather doubtful that you will answer all
> questions at once. It puts you in situation when you can't close KWordQuiz,
> turn off your computer etc.

> Ability to save current state of test would be
> welcome or at least a button to end current test and just repeat question
> with wrong answers - repetitions are most important elements in learning
> process.

Quiz -> Export Errors As... should be of some help. More advanced session
management would be something for the future...

> It's too easy to accidentally break learning session by clicking
> any of icons from the left (Editor, Flashcard, etc.). There's no
> confirmation dialog nor anything.

> It would be nice to have one (but active
> only when user already answered at least one question and there's at least
> one question without answer/with wrong answer).

Recent versions should be better and only switch by direct clicks or assigned
shortcuts.

This type of interface is very common in KDE and should be familiar to most
users. Kontact, Okular and KMyMoney comes to mind as well as all configuration
dialogs. Personally I find confirmation dialogs extremely annoying.

> when trying to answer the
> questions with errors the program don't show the questions

> Just fix it to
> work as on previous versions

Nothing has changed. I cannot reproduce this. Could the reporter get back to
me or (better) file a bug report with the offending vocabulary attached.

Thanks,
Peter