[kde-edu]: Parley - survey - work on data

Sabine Emmy Eller s.eller at voxhumanitatis.org
Wed Jan 6 18:49:57 CET 2010

I had a look at the survey. One thing I would really like to see happen (and
I hope we can get these contacts on the way) is that people start to work on
the long lists we have in a particular way:

There are many language courses around. Each course could benefit from the
lists that are there instead of starting "from scratch". The easiest way
would be to add a column for a specific "group of lessons" where we then
have a person who says "dog = lesson 1, cat = lesson 1, building = lesson 2,
skyescraper = lesson 2, tomato = lesson 3, to cook = lesson 3" etc. -
missing terms get added. By doing things this way the data gets better and
better and it becomes ever less work to create lessons.

Of course we can create all sorts of different lessons, but none of them
will 100% reflect the users needs. What is planned nevertheless is the
translation of a basic set of sentences and the words used for these
sentences can become of course "one set of data".

Files should become much smaller in future. Right how what we have is to let
people know: much is already there and one can save a lot of time by taking
what is there and working on it. There's also another reason: I have to make
data quantity to work on for volunteers in "digestible bits and pieces" and
there I still have one of those question marks to solve.

Sabine