[kde-edu]: Re: git conversion

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 20:01:57 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 22:17, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:
> > Niko,
> >
> > How would one build the sources checked out from the above repositories?
> > Kanagram for example fails to configure because it's CMakeLists.txt don't
> > have anything about KDE4 so kde4_add_app_icon is not defined.  Is there
> > going to be some temporary CMakeList.txt we can place in a global kdeedu
> > folder until we can fix our CMakeList.txt files to build independently?
> >
> If the project is not yet standalone buildable, the CMakeLists.txt inside
> the
> project has to be modified, eg find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED) has to be added.
> For some projects this is already the case (eg. marble)

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong, adding that (find_package(KDE4
REQUIRED) to kanagram/CMakeList.txt) fixes the one error but gives a long
log of errors about finding QtCore and such...

 -- Looking for Q_WS_X11
CMake Error: Unknown extension ".c" for file
"/home/jeremy/devel/kde/src/kdeedu/kanagram/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c".
TRY_COMPILE only works for enabled languages.
Currently enabled languages are:
See PROJECT command for help enabling other languages.
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
CMake Error: Unknown extension ".c" for file
"/home/jeremy/devel/kde/src/kdeedu/kanagram/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c".
TRY_COMPILE only works for enabled languages.
Currently enabled languages are:
See PROJECT command for help enabling other languages.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
CMake Error: Unknown extension ".c" for file
"/home/jeremy/devel/kde/src/kdeedu/kanagram/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c".
TRY_COMPILE only works for enabled languages.
Currently enabled languages are:
See PROJECT command for help enabling other languages.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
CMake Error: Unknown extension ".c" for file
"/home/jeremy/devel/kde/src/kdeedu/kanagram/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c".
TRY_COMPILE only works for enabled languages.
Currently enabled languages are:
See PROJECT command for help enabling other languages.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_PREFIXES
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES
[...]
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:875
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find QtCore.  Check
  /home/jeremy/devel/kde/src/kdeedu/kanagram/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
  for more details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:417
(find_package)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:95 (FIND_PACKAGE)
  CMakeLists.txt:1 (find_package)

Any ideas?

thanks,
Jeremy